Wednesday, January 10, 2007

three things

Three monotonous things today...

First, have you ever had to get out a pair of pliers to open a plastic bottle of pop? This is the second time I've had to do this, when no one around could open the darn top by hand. I often get marks on my hand from the lines on the cap and still can't budge the thing. Are they getting screwed on incredibly tight, or am I losing strength in my hands/wrists again? I suffered from carpal tunnel-like symptoms about ten years ago when I was verifiably addicted to the internet (I heard AIM sounds in my sleep) and couldn't lift and hold a glass of water on bad days. Not good.

Second, I moved my wedding ring from my left hand to my right yesterday, because I have a callous from the darn thing that is really painful, oh and right where I have to try and hold a bottle cap to turn it too. This is Day 2 of wondering how long until my hubby notices. Will keep tabs on this for my readers. Could be fun. In his defense, with our opposing work schedules, we don't see each other in the daylight much. If sometime between 2 and 6 a.m. he happens to notice, I'll be really surprised. Perhaps this weekend. I really want a new ring. I like this one, but it was meant to be temporary, and it has been over a year now. Maybe we'll have to look at rings this weekend. As long as I reassure him that we won't be having another ceremony. (There have been three so far.)

Third, I want to reiterate what it is like to have ADHD, so I'm copying this from one of my Squidoo lenses:
I've heard it described like this ... imagine your radio is on and instead of turning the dial to switch stations, all 20 or so local stations are playing at once. And you're trying to focus on the news, while hard rock is playing, and jazz, and country, and hip-hop, and you just want to find out what the weather is going to be like tomorrow, but you find it nearly impossible to listen to the forecast because of the other 19 stations are blaring in your ear ... THAT's how it feels to have an ADHD brain.

Back to my regularly scheduled boredom.

No comments: