Wednesday, August 15, 2007

better ad photos

Here's some great examples of horse photos to use in for sale ads ... I love window shopping. ;)

Example #1:



If it's got spots, I want to see them.


Example #2:



If it is a generic "pony," I want to see the conformation ... unlike horse breeds with certain standards, they can look like almost anything.

This one I would prefer to see broadside, but she is clean and has her head up, and the legs/hind end aren't chopped out of the frame.

Example #3:



If you are going to advertise it as show quality, an excellent mover, flashy color, etc. I need to SEE what you are saying is true. I don't show, not a stock horse person either, so I can't comment on this horses' movement, but I can for dang sure see that this horse is clean, in focus, in motion, well lit, and appears content and listening to the rider.

Compare these examples to the ones in the post below. It just can't be that hard to get a good photograph of something you're expecting a person to pay from $1,500 to $10,000 for.

No comments: