Friday, November 18, 2005

the Dove women

Real women have real curves.

I'm not fat, but I'm well padded in all the appropriate places for an avid horseback rider.

I think I went straight from girls 14's into juniors 7/8. Woke up one day with hips, I did. Now I'm trying to figure out the logic behind the small leap from juniors 7/8 to women's size 8. I think it has something to do with sitting in front of a computer all day for a living, and a little to do with having two children. But probably mostly due to never learning how to cook and eating far too much junk food.

Not that a women's 8 is big. (Marilyn Monroe had more badonkadonk, depending on what source you believe.) Just that I don't feel like me in this body. I am convinced I should be the size I was in high school, when I could still eat an entire pizza for dinner, and still look good in acid washed miniskirts and big hair. (At least I thought I looked good. For the 80's.)

I exercise ... you can call walking to the office from the farthest parking space in the lot that, right? I lift weights ... horse hay, laundry baskets, groceries, the occasional sleeping kid. I work out every day ... lots of stretching and aerobic breathing to get a size 10 body into those size 8 jeans I refuse to give up.

Now I just need to eat better.

rwerwertwererwearcreearrawre

Sorry, a bit of chocolate fell on my keyboard.

No comments: